Part of my committment to a better week includes a committment to healthier eating. I can\’t go cold turkey on snacking. I just can\’t. This week, I\’m very focused on healthier snacking. I\’ve been munching a lot so far, and it\’s just Tuesday.
Here\’s what I\’ve had and how I\’ve felt about these products….
- A VitaTop… deep chocolate one, to be exact. HOLY COW THIS IS GOOD!!! You nuke it and it gets all gooey and melty like a brownie. Serious yumminess for a mere 100 calories.
- Laughing Cow Light Swiss Cheese with Special K Multigrain Crackers. Very tasty and filling. Calorie total: about 125 for a wedge of cheese and 17 crackers. I especially like the crackers (as does Sam!) because they are sweet and salty at the same time.
- 100 Calorie Packs of Pepperidge Farm Milano cookies. Tasty, but they are two smaller-than-traditional cookies. Good, but makes me wonder how many calories I would have consumed with the whole package of regular Milanos… cause I could totally wipe out a whole box, no problem!
- Jello Dark Chocolate Mousse. YUUUM. Even my kids like this. For 60 calories, it satisfies your chocolate cravings.
- Weight Watchers Smart Ones Veggie Pizza Minis. REALLY good…four of them make a yummy, filling lunch. The crust is a little round bagel like thing, but better than a bagel, as it is crispy and kind of buttery tasting. Anything that is buttery tasting is okay with me. Four mini pizzas equal 270 calories/5 points.
Yesterday was a good(ish) day, food wise, but I didn\’t exercise last night like I had planned. On the agenda for today, in terms of my new healthy living committment, is a workout with my new Biggest Loser for Wii. I haven\’t tried it yet, but have heard good things about it. I\’m also planning to fix myself a toasted cheesy English muffin along with a salad, rather than the traditional buttery-gooey grilled cheese I\’m fixing for the kiddos. I\’ll round that out with apple slices and fat-free, sugar-free chocolate pudding.
I\’m really having to fight the stress today and not give in to temptation to grab something bad from the vending machine. I know that I am a stress eater. I am working on new strategies for that. Excerise is one. Writing is another. Avoiding the negativity pit would really help, and I\’ve been working hard at that.
#healthyliving #productreviews #snacks