I\’m having one of those days. I\’m grumpy. I\’m finding fault with everyone and everything. I don\’t want to be at school. I\’d like to crawl into a dark hole and hide for the next six hours or so.
I know that\’s totally wrong of me. Really, I do. I know I should be celebrating so many things, such as..
- At the end of the day today, I\’ll be on spring break for the next 20 days.
- My family appears to be over the ridiculous stomach virus that kept on keeping on.
- Thursday, I\’m leaving for a three day retreat, or Walk to Emmaus.
- I\’ve lost five pounds and a few inches in the last few weeks.
- The sun is shining and it is supposed to be warm today.
But no. Not me. I\’m not celebrating. I\’m wallowing in misery. My students have mentally checked out. They are wild and think I should just go right along with their shenanigans. To be really, really honest, I\’m questioning my purpose at work again. I don\’t feel like I\’m doing anyone any good and that I spend too much energy on self-pep-talks just to get through the day. I\’m frustrated and ready to throw in the towel, but I\’m too much of a chicken to really do that, and I KNOW this, so daydreaming about what I could do, or how life could be doesn\’t even help!
Yep. One of those days.