I fell behind on posting book reviews when I went on vacation and I’m just now getting myself caught up! None of these reviews will be in-depth but I’m going to get everyone up to date on the last several books I’ve read.
- This Time Around, a short story compilation by three authors. I loved Denise Hunter’s story, but the others were just so-so. 3 stars.
- Sorrento Girl by Dawn Klinge (#1 of The Historic Hotels Collection) was a solid 4 star read!
- All at Once and All of You are Walker Beach Romances by Lindsay Harrel and I LOVED them. 5 huge stars! Can’t wait to finish the series!
- The Walnut Creek Wish by Wanda Brunstetter. I wanted to like this but the dialogue and some of the descriptions were just hokey. 2 stars.
- If the Shoe Fits (Meant to Be #1) by Julie Murphy. The Bachelor meets Dumplin in a Cinderella retelling. 5 stars!
- As Waters Gone By by Cynthia Ruchti was amazing. Book club material! 5 stars.
- Plain Faith by Tricia Goyer and Irene and OraJay Eash was a true story of a family that left the Amish community to find a closer walk with God. 5 stars!
- To Write a Wrong (The Bleeker Street Inquiry Agency #2) by Jen Turano was a disappointing read for me. People rave about how funny this author is. I found it hard to plow through! The second half got easier but it just wasn’t my jam. 3 stars.
- Carved in Stone (The Blackstone Legacy #1) by Elizabeth Camden comes out August 31. It was sweet with a decent mystery running through it. 4 stars.
I just finished Dangerous Amish Showdown by Mary Alford- a review is forthcoming when I’m part of that blog tour in September with Celebrate Lit.
I’m currently reading The Mistletoe Countess by Pepper Basham and everything she writes is just wonderful. Can’t wait to review it!!! Finally, I’ve been listening to the audio of A Breath of Snow and Ashes (Outlander #6) since early July. It is 57 hours long and kind of exasperating. I really just want more Jamie, but I guess I need to stick with the series and see how it ends!
What have you been reading lately? Leave me a comment!